Wednesday Writing Update: A New Scene!

This week, I actually added a (very short) scene to my manuscript. Since I’ve been out of the habit of adding whole new scenes, it was actually a bit terrifying. Still, I got through it. Despite adding the scene, I think that the manuscript is still shrinking overall. I keep reminding myself that that’s a good thing, since it means that the prose is getting tighter, but it still worries me. In case you’re wondering, I’ve got just over 70,000 words now, and I’ve revised about 11 chapters out of 35.

I also spent a bit of time scribbling out scene ideas for another book. I’ve now got a nice stack of index cards for that project, though there are still a lot of things I need to flesh out. Most of the index cards have to do with character rather than plot. That’s going to remain a back burner project for… well, most likely for quite a while, since I need to finish up Wolf Season and would like to make some progress on the Shipping Project.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s